We have officially entered the 4th marking period. For those of you that are keeping track, after today we have 45 student days of school left. That would have been 38 days had it not been for our super fun winter weather. I hope you all had a chance to enjoy your April “break”. Although short, those two days were incredibly useful for me.
This time of year brings a lot of activities to the school. Currently our entire student body is taking a pilot test for the State of Connecticut Department of Education. If you read the letter that Mrs. Cohn sent home, it was explained that this was an opportunity for our students to get an introduction to the computer-based testing that will become our new CMT’s. We were able to schedule it so it is only a one day disruption of their regular classes. I think the students are finding it valuable. Please take a minute to ask your child about the test.
Our Spring sports are in full swing. Games and meets will be starting soon. I had a chance to meet with the athletes from all four Spring sports (baseball, softball, boy’s and girl’s track). I spoke to them about sportsmanship and respect. Prior to becoming an administrator I coached at the middle and high school level. I coached soccer, softball, basketball, and tennis. Win or lose, the one thing my athletes always knew was they would do so with dignity and respect. This is what I was trying to convey with our Moran athletes. I would also ask that the adults do the same. We need to model appropriate behavior as fans, parents, coaches, and role models. Thank you for helping us with this.
Here are a couple of other events to think about. Please keep in mind that these dates and times are subject to change based on unforeseen factors:
- May 14th @ 6:30 pm – parent orientation night for incoming 6th graders
- June 6th from 9:15 am – 10:30 am = 5th grade orientation day
- June 18th @ 6:30 pm – Student of the Month celebration
- June 25th @ 6:30 pm – Awards Night (for 8th grade recipients only, 6th and 7th grade students will do awards during the day- time/date to be arranged by grade level)
To be scheduled:
- Merit Ice Cream Social- @ 1:45 pm – PTO provides ice cream truck visit for all students making honor roll 2/3 quarters this year
- 6th grade ice cream social- attendance winners from CMT- teams to propose date/time
As always, your support is always welcome. Please contact me if you have any questions. Have a great week!!!